This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Help Needed

1 Answer 30 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
Edward asked on 20 Oct 2015, 09:35 PM

Hey Telerik People!

Due to some turnover at our company and others taking on more important roles, I have been given the unfortunate privilege of converting some Crystal Reports to Telerik (the old saying about "you know what" rolls down hill comes to mind). The problem here is that I know absolutely nothing about Crystal and very little about Telerik. To make things even better, I know almost nothing about coding or scripting. I haven't done any serious report creation since college when I used MS Access 2003. In my opinion, what's happening here is equivalent to giving an assignment to read War and Peace to a child who's just learned to read.

Now that's out of the way, on to the question part...

A field entitled "ck_Date_Changed" in one Crystal Report has the below expression tied to it:

if {Command.ck_Date_Changed} = Maximum ({Command.ck_Date_Changed}, {Command.ix_Student_Number}) then
false
else
true

The field tracks the date & time changes were made to an account. So far, I've been able to move most of the fields and very basic expressions from Crystal to Telerik. I've even managed to get the report to pull data, however, the report shows a line item for each date & time a change was made to the account. I need it to only show the most recent change. Somehow, the above statement was used to do that in Crystal.

I need to first understand what this expression is doing, then I need help converting it to Telerik friendly language.

I have about 10 of these reports to convert (all different) and some have sub-reports.

Thanks for any assistance anyone provides. Let me know if clarification is needed.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2015, 10:45 AM
Hello Edward,

The if statement is similar to the IIf() conditional function in Telerik Reporting. The provided expression can be translated to the following Telerik Reporting friendly expression:

= IIf(Fields.ck_Date_Changed = Exec('myStudentNumberGroup', Max(Fields.ck_Date_Changed)), false, true)

where  myStudentNumberGroup should be a Group in your report or Data Item which groups by the  ix_Student_Number field.

You might also find useful the following help articles on the topic from our online documentation:

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question
or