This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Help don't work in VS 2010

1 Answer 80 Views
Documentation
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin Horst
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin Horst asked on 27 Apr 2010, 12:34 PM

Hi,

I installed the Telerik Window Forms Control for Visual Studio 2008 and 2010. In Visual Studio 2008 the Telerik helps works fine. In VS 2010 it doesn't. E.g. in the code editor I move the cursor to a method or class from the Telerik Framework and hit F1. In VS 2008 the help appears, no problem. In VS 2010 I only get the message that no help can be found. The standard VS 2010 works fine even though I think the new help system is total crap. But that's not the problem. So, what can I do to get the Telerik help to work inside VS 2010. 

Best regards 

Martin Horst

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 02:59 PM
Hello Martin Horst,

Thank you for the question.

VS2010 introduces a new help format (Help3), which we do not support at this time. This is the reason you do not see our help in VS2010, but you see it in VS2008.

The new help format, also used in the new MSDN look and feel, is still in beta, and 3rd party help tools do not support it yet. We are nevertheless working on overcoming this shortcoming even if this means that we need to cope with beta technology. We should have results in a couple of months.

The only solutions I can propose at this time are:

Best wishes,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Documentation
Asked by
Martin Horst
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
Share this question
or