This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Handling Server Side Validation Errors

2 Answers 41 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Greg asked on 08 Jul 2014, 05:48 PM
I have server side business logic validation that throws an exception when validation rules fail. How do I catch this on the client side?

This is using a RadGridView with a QueryableDataServiceCollectionView data source in an MVVM application. I can see the error message formatted into XML inside the resulting clientside AggregateException, but this exception occurs inside a Telerik DLL and I don't see how/where to catch and handle it.

Thanks.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2014, 07:22 AM
Hello Greg,

Generally, this depends entirely on your exact implementation and the validation mechanism you are working with. What you can try though is to handle CellValidating/CellValidated events of the grid or RowValidating/RowValidated and verify whether they would be appropriate for your scenario ?

Regards,
Maya
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2014, 04:16 PM
My team is going to add the business logic project as a reference in the client solution so the rules can be accessed by the client without a trip to the server yet still we only code the business logic in one place.

Consider this topic closed.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
Greg
Top achievements