This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Group Footer

3 Answers 49 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Molivia Sa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Molivia Sa asked on 10 Feb 2010, 05:41 AM
Dear Telerik,

Can you please help me, how do I do a group footer textbox which value based on group header textbox value.

For example. if the headerGroup textbox value is an "A" then the footerGroup textbox value should be the sum of "A".

Thank you for you Help
Molivia

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2010, 02:49 PM
Hi Molivia Sa,

If you want to assign a value to a textbox, you can do that in the code behind of the Report after the InitializeComponent()
Example:
this.textBoxFooter.Value = this.textBoxHeader.Value;

Generally the best approach is to work directly with your dataobjects like shown in the following help article: How do I combine values of two columns to a single TextBox.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Molivia Sa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2010, 11:46 PM
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply,

I did exactly what you said . this is my coding, but its still displaying the blank value

if

(this.textBox2.Value == "Direct Deposit") -- this textbox is at the header group  

{

this.textBox25.Value = "2222"; this textbox is at the footer group 

}

Please help,

Thank you

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2010, 10:34 AM
Hello Molivia Sa,

We're not sure if we understand correctly your inquiry, but If you are trying to set the value of the textbox in event you have to work with the processing report objects i.e.:

private void textBox1_ItemDataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
           Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox txtPosition = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)sender;
        }

More information on definition vs. processing is available in Understanding Events help article.

Let us know if further help is needed.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Molivia Sa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Molivia Sa
Top achievements
Rank 1