This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridViewSelectColumn Ver 2016.1-112 trial

5 Answers 67 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aurelio Righetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aurelio Righetti asked on 03 Feb 2016, 01:24 AM

Hi, i have test the sample on the sdk and have the same problem in my test project:

If the grid does not have the vertical scrollbar, all rows are visible and selected properly when I press the check box select all or deselect all.

But if the vertical scroll bar is present, not all rows are selected or deselected, casually are sometimes not select or deselect all lines

The Image Cattura1 is Ok all row is visible and check all or uncheck all work OK.

In the Image cattura 2 i show only 2 row and i uncheck all row, but the row not visible (Image Cattura3) are checked.

I test the version trial 2016.1.112

Thanks

Aurelio

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2016, 02:50 PM
Hi Aurelio ,

Can you please share some details on your project setup, as such behavior cannot be reproduced with the Column Selection SDK Example? Are the checkboxes being modified directly, or on data level? Note, that in general, working directly with the visual elements of the control is not recommended, due to the virtualized nature of the control. Would it also be possible for you to clarify how the vertical scrollbar is being disabled?

Regards,
Stefan X1
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Aurelio Righetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2016, 04:33 PM

Hi Stefan,

If you open the sdk sample: Bound GridViewSelectColumn in the GridView sample

and execute this step:

1) The window appear, all row in the grid are visible and the row Manchester Utd is selected.

2)Select all row usign the checkbox in the Header column.

3)Deselect all row using the checkbox in the Header column.

4)Resize the window from top to botton until only the first two row is visible.

5)Drag the vertical scroll of the grid until only the last two row is visible.

6)Select all row using the checkbox in the Header column.

7)Drag the vertical scroll of the top grid and and as you can see that the first two row is not selected.

This is my problem..Not always select all row, it's work random

Thanks

Aurelio

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2016, 09:32 AM
Hello Aurelio ,

Thank you for clarifying this.

I investigated the case using the steps listed in your last post. It seems that binding to the IsSelected property in the demo is not properly implemented. Instead of defining it within the event handler of the RowLoaded event, it should be done through Style. Please check the code snippet below.
<Style TargetType="telerik:GridViewRow">
    <Setter Property="IsSelected" Value="{Binding IsSelected}"/>
</Style>

We will update the example with the correct approach. As a gratitude for your cooperation I have updated your profile points.

All the best,
Stefan X1
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Aurelio Righetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2016, 11:25 AM

Hi Stefan X1, thanks for you reply.

I have test with

<Style TargetType="telerik:GridViewRow">
    <Setter Property="IsSelected" Value="{Binding IsSelected}"/>
</Style>

It works best, but sometimes repeats the same problem.

Thanks

Aurelio

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2016, 03:16 PM
Hello Aurelio ,

The approach of using a Style for the IsSelected binding is working as expected on my side. Would it be possible for you to share some details, in what scenarios does it reproduce the previously described issue?

Regards,
Stefan X1
Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Aurelio Righetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Aurelio Righetti
Top achievements
Rank 1