This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridViewDateTimeColumn Max value = 31/12/9999

3 Answers 92 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ShareDocs
Top achievements
Rank 1
ShareDocs asked on 09 Sep 2013, 07:26 AM

Hi,
I have a grid with 4 columns, 2 of the are of type GridViewDateTimeColumn. (FromDate and ToDate)

every time the user add a new row I have to set the ToDate column as 31/12/9999.
I do that on code and it works.

But then if the user want to edit that, when he change the date he cannot go back to set the date as 31/12/9999
the max value allowed is 31/12/9998.

I understand that the control set as maxValue 31/12/9998 but I need to be able to set dates as 31/12/9999 because my DB is expecting that and I cannot change it to 9998 (its an old program working for many years and I am not allowed to make changes in DB) 

So I need a workaround to be able to set a date as 31/12/9999.

thanks in advance
Iair

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2013, 03:45 PM
Hello Lior,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

I confirm this is an issue with our RadDateTimePickerElement. I have logged it in our Public Issue Tracking System - PITS. You can track its progress, subscribe for status changes and add your vote/comment to it on the following link - PITS issue. I have also updated the Telerik points to your account. Currently, there is no available workaround I can propose, because the control is designed to be limited to 31/12/9998.

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
paulo g
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 26 Feb 2020, 06:55 PM

Hi

Is this issue fixed? If so, can you post an example?

We have version 2019.2.618.40 and it still happens.

Regards

Paulo

Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2020, 06:39 AM
Hello, Paulo,

Your question has already been answered in the public feedback item on the same topic. Please, see our answer there for more information: https://feedback.telerik.com/winforms/1369178-fix-radgridview-gridviewdatetimecolumn-editor-does-not-allow-max-value-31-12-9999 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
ShareDocs
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
paulo g
Top achievements
Rank 1