This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridViewCheckBoxColumn from 2012-Q1 does not work correctly

4 Answers 142 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rares Vasilescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rares Vasilescu asked on 01 Mar 2012, 04:40 PM

Hello,

I have an old project containing a GridView with a
GridViewCheckBoxColumn binded to a bool type data property. With 2011-Q3 the application works. The checkbox state is set accordingly to the property value.

Yesterday I have installed 2012-Q1 and I have noted that this column does not work anymore. Although the data property has a value of "true", the checkbox is unchecked. If I try to manually check the checkbox, when the cell loses focus the checkbox is automatically unchecked.

Also, when the cell loses focus and the checkbox is checked, in the Output window the following message is recorded:

"A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll"

Perhaps you can take a look into this problem.

Thank you.

<telerik:RadGridView Name="gridFields" Grid.Row="7" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" ItemsSource="{Binding Path=FieldsConfig}" CanUserReorderColumns="False" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowInsertRow="True" RowEditEnded="gridFields_RowEditEnded" AddingNewDataItem="gridFields_AddingNewDataItem" ShowGroupPanel="False" CellValidating="gridFields_CellValidating" Deleting="gridFields_Deleting" IsFilteringAllowed="False" CanUserFreezeColumns="False" CanUserSortColumns="True">
    <telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Nume camp" UniqueName="Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=Name}" />
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Col.CSV" UniqueName="CSVColumn" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=CSVColumn}" TextAlignment="Right" />
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Camp formular web" UniqueName="WebFormFieldName" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=FormDataFieldName}" />
        <telerik:GridViewCheckBoxColumn Header="Specifica fis.continut" UniqueName="ContainsFilename" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=ContainsFilename}" AutoSelectOnEdit="True" EditTriggers="CellClick" />
        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Valoare implicita" UniqueName="DefaultValue" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=DefaultValue}" />
    </telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
</telerik:RadGridView>

public static readonly DependencyProperty ContainsFilenameProperty = DependencyProperty.Register("ContainsFilename", typeof(bool), typeof(FieldConfigData),
                                                            new FrameworkPropertyMetadata(false));
[XmlIgnore]
public bool ContainsFilename
{
    get { return (bool)GetValue(ContainsFilenameProperty); }
    set { SetValue(ContainsFilenameProperty, value); }
}
[XmlAttribute(AttributeName = "is_content_filename")]
public byte IsContentFilename
{
    get { return ContainsFilename ? (byte)1 : (byte)0; }
    set { ContainsFilename = ((byte)value == 1); }
}

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vera
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2012, 04:50 PM
Hi Rares Vasilescu,

This issue has already been resolved and the fix for it is part of our Latest Internal Build.

Kind regards,
Vera
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Rares Vasilescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2012, 10:37 PM
Dear Vera,

I have reinstalled version 2012-Q1 and after that I have patched it with the latest internal release and the problem was fixed. The column of the grid works properly. However the exception remains in the Output window.
Tommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2012, 03:56 AM
when will this solution be released without hacks and output errors?  Will the internal build break anything else I am using?  I need this fix for a very important release on Monday.  Any idea when the official SP will be release, or should I risk the HotFix?
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2012, 10:08 AM
Hi,

The issue is resolved in the mentioned latest internal build. 
Generally, the internal builds are mostly released to our users for testing purposes and confirming that an issues has been successfully addressed. We do not recommend to use the internal build in production. 
The official Q1 2012 SP1 is expected in two weeks.

Kind regards,
Yordanka
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Rares Vasilescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vera
Telerik team
Rares Vasilescu
Top achievements
Rank 1