Getting 404 response from Parameters endpoint

1 Answer 98 Views
Report Viewer - HTML5
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Siva asked on 06 Mar 2023, 06:35 PM
am new to telerik, in trial version , my report server is hosting in localhost:83 and tried to render the report in angular using<tr-viewer> component with all the required parameters and also i set the guest user account in telerik server,/formats, /clients endpoints are working as expected but /parameters post request is getting failed, can anyone help what i missed here
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 06 Mar 2023, 06:37 PM

And also if i get any sample angular code which using authenticationtoken is helpful

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2023, 09:41 AM

Hello Siva,

If I understand correctly, you are using the Telerik Report Server product alongside the Angular Report Viewer to display reports in your angular application, is that correct?

If that is the case, and the Report Server is accessible on port 83, then most likely the problem is with the Report Viewer's reportSource. The 404 status code on the Get Parameters request could indicate that the reportSource.report cannot be found on the Report Server.

Please make sure that both the Category and the Name are correct, for example, if you had a report named Dashboard in the Samples category, the initialization code for the viewer could look as follows:

<tr-viewer
    [containerStyle]="viewerContainerStyle"
    [reportServer]="{
        url: 'http://localhost:83/',
        username: 'myusername',
        password: 'mypass'
    }"
    [reportSource]="{
        report: 'Samples/Dashboard',
        parameters: {}
    }" 
    [viewMode]="'INTERACTIVE'"
    [scaleMode]="'SPECIFIC'"
    [scale]="1.0">
</tr-viewer>

If the reportSource is correct but the issue is still present, please record a Fiddler Jam log and share it via a link in this thread so that I may have a look at it - How to Record a Log with the Fiddler Jam Extension - YouTube.

Regarding the authenticationToken property, it is not needed when the Report Server is used because it already performs authentication with the provided username and password. But with that being said, you can set the authentication token as follows:

<tr-viewer 
  [authenticationToken]="'TOKEN'"
</tr-viewer>

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Tags
Report Viewer - HTML5
Asked by
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or