This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Gantt Chart

4 Answers 111 Views
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Erik asked on 11 Jul 2012, 09:19 PM
Hello all,

It's is possible emulate Microsoft Project's Gantt Chart using Telerik RadChart? I also wish to show if a Series Item depends of another. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot,

Erik

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Erik,

Currently our Winforms suite doesn't support such control. However we officially ship GanttView in Silverlight and WPF. Here's an online example that will demonstrate the control. What I can suggest is that you consider using it and if you wish you may even integrate the WPF control in your existing Winforms Application.

All the best,
Evgenia
the Telerik team

RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2012, 02:43 PM
Hi Evgenia,

I'll check the WPF control demo and see if it works for my Winforms application. Thanks a lot for your response,

Erik
IceEmQuick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2012, 06:36 PM
Hate to say it, but Component One has a killer Gantt chart that look like MS Project and has full constraints and Preds and all.  It really is a slick control.  Not a huge fan of most of their controls, but Telerik needs to get a proper Gantt control out there that looks and acts like this...  this is what a real Gantt chart looks like, and it appears you can make changes on the chart and have it update the data on the back end.  As much as I hate to say it, until a proper control is done here, check out using Component Ones control...  it is very nice and much cheaper than using the same control from a big company such as iLog or other Gantt chart options which used to charge an arm and a leg for it.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback.

A request for such control is already logged in our Public Issue Tracker and you can vote for it and follow it here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=7773 Currently, I cannot give you a specific time frame in which this control will be implemented, but its priority in our To-Do list increases as it gets more votes.

If you have other suggestions regarding our suite, do not hesitate to share them with us.

Greetings,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgenia
Telerik team
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1