Frequent unresponsive issues in Visual Studio 2022 (Professional).

1 Answer 266 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
pookyung
Top achievements
Rank 1
pookyung asked on 20 Aug 2022, 01:29 AM

When I open a solution in Visual Studio, it often goes into a non-responsive state, with the following report:

The product I use is Telerik WinForm and it is in Trial status.

The Korean message below is translated into English as follows.

"This may cause Visual Studio to become unresponsive. Disabling extensions can improve your experience. Frequency: 6 reports from last week."

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vesko
Telerik team
answered on 23 Aug 2022, 01:30 PM

Hi Pookyung,

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience with Visual Studio.

Unfortunately, we have a known performance issue in Progress Telerik UI for WinForms Extension. If you don't use this extension regularly, you can disable it and enable it when there is a demand - for example when you need to set up a concrete version of UI for WinForms toolbox items.

Please, let me know if the provided solution resolves the issue on your side and works for you.

Regards,
Vesko
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
commented on 09 Nov 2022, 06:28 PM

This problem still seems present in 2022 R3 SP2 (11-08)
Vesko
Telerik team
commented on 14 Nov 2022, 01:36 PM

Erwin, you are right. A fix for this issue is not released yet. We plant to release it in one of the upcoming updates in 2023.
Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
pookyung
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vesko
Telerik team
Share this question
or