This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.

3 Answers 261 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Congero
Top achievements
Rank 1
Congero asked on 04 Apr 2010, 08:12 PM

I created a simple report on three different machines, Windows 7 64bit, Win Vista 64bit and Windows XP 32 bit.  On each report I get the following message:

An error has occured while processing Report '':
Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.

I saw the post at http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/documentation/format-of-the-initialization-string-does-not-conform-to-specification-starting-at-index-0.aspx and I still get the error even though this is a report being used in a winforms project with a separate Report Class.

The report renders perfectly in the design preview for winforms and  html.

this is the code in my code behind
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            Report1 report = new Report1 ();
            ReportViewer1.Report = report;
        }

I'm using the sqlDataSouce, could this problem be caused by using SQLExpress 2008 as the backend database?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Reggie Tyler,

I have answered your question in the other forum thread. Please, check the answer it it.

All the best,
Chavdar
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
K N
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2010, 06:49 AM
Hey, I had this problem in my windows application for a while, At last I realized that u have to add the connection string to your main project's application config (dunno why considering the fact that we have added a reference to it!?)
let's hope this helps u out

sid
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2011, 03:44 PM
Hey K N,
I had the same problem.
I added the connection string on my presentation layer and it is working good.
Thank You
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Congero
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chavdar
Telerik team
K N
Top achievements