This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Firefox pdf viewer and Q3 2010 export black screen

5 Answers 74 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bruno asked on 25 Feb 2013, 08:50 PM
Hi,

I am using Telerik Reporting Q3 2010 to export Telerik Reports into PDFs.  Since the new update of Firefox to include their own PDF viewer all PDFs created by the Telerik Export is resulting of a black screen in Firefox.  Every other PDFs I try to open that are not created by Telerik are opening fine in the browser.

Here is the code I am using :

ReportProcessor reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor();
      RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", myReport, null);
      string path = savePath + reportName + ".pdf";

FileStream fs = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Create);
      fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);
      fs.Flush();
      fs.Close();

Attached is the result in Firefox.

Is the new version of Telerik creating PDF that are readable by Firefox?  I tried downloading the demo and using the upgrade wizard but the upgrade wizard is not upgrading anything, or almost nothing.  I get 150+ errors like cannot convert group[] to ...  or cannot convert filter[] to ...   And they are all in the designer files that are generated by Telerik.  So not a solution at all since I have a tons of reports.

Any kind of help would be fine, I need those PDFs to display in Firefox.

Thanks,

Edit, forgot to attach the image

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 04:40 PM
I don't experience the problem, PDFs generated with the latest release are displayed OK with the PDF.JS viewer http://mozilla.github.com/pdf.js/web/viewer.html

SN
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I figured the latest release would be fine.  But is it known by Telerik that the 2010 Q3 release is creating PDFs that are not readable by the new Firefox release?  Or maybe there is another way to convert a Telerik Report to a PDF instead of the one I have linked.

It is not an option to buy the new 2013 Q1 Release because I tried the demo and the upgrade wizard is not converting anything.  Meaning I would have to redo about 80 reports one by one.  Not a solution at all.

I wish Telerik or someone would give me an alternative to convert a report to PDF by code.  Maybe there is a parameter / setting that I am not setting before converting it.. Hard to tell.

But thanks for your answer,

Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 12:15 PM
Usually I upgrade the designer obsolete code by making any change to the report in the designer move an item or turn on/off snap grid. This only work prior the obsolete types are removed.
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2013, 08:16 PM
After the wizard upgrade, I cannot even open the reports.  It displays a bunch of errors.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2013, 01:55 PM
The obsolete properties were removed:
http://www.telerik.com/products/reporting/whats-new/release-history/q1-2013-version-7-0-13-220.aspx
The easiest way to fix them is to install a previous version(e.g. 2012 Q3) and after that fix all the warnings related to obsolete properties. After that install the latest telerik reporting version and everything should be fine.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bruno
Top achievements