This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature requests:

9 Answers 153 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Wim Tra Kranen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wim Tra Kranen asked on 06 Nov 2006, 09:24 AM
HI ,,

I really like the winforms controls especially because i don't have designer skills. If i look at the projects i am currently working on i like to see some controls in Telerik style that could really finish the look and feel:

Stylable listbox, multicolor and with images:
Notifyicon in the styles of the themes.
Nice grid like the RADgrid for asp.net

Cheers WIm

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chris
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2006, 04:03 PM
Thank you for the feedback, Wim, much appreciated.

In the official release of r.a.d.controls for WinForms (released on Friday) we added a styleable ListBox, which supports themes and images. You can find the ListBox example under the r.a.d.UIelements section.

As to a WinForms grid, we will add such early next year. Expect a more definite timeframe next month.

We were not able to understand your second request "Notifyicon in the styles of the themes.".

Greetings,
Chris
the telerik team
Wim Tra Kranen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response, nice to hear that a listbox is included and i look forward to see the grid.

By notifyicon i meant the popup neer the clock, usually a windows styled popup but with some controls like a balloon, it would nice to see this popups in the same theme as other radcontrols.

Regards,
wim
Chris
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Wim,
Powerful popup/balloon controls are on our TODO list for the next releases. We plan to provide an easy way for styling the content inside these controls but we still haven't chosen the best approach for doing this.

All the best,
Chris
the telerik team
parimal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2007, 12:50 AM
Hi,
I want to implement Balloon Help in RAD Input control for ASP.NET . How can we do that?

regards,

Parimal
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2007, 08:08 AM
Hi parimal,

We are working on a tooltip/screentip control which you will be able to use as a balloon help. More information on the new controls you can find in our ASP.NET Roadmap: http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet/roadmap.aspx

Best wishes,
Rob
the telerik team
rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jan 2008, 06:08 PM
Is this control built yet or is it still on the TODO list?
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2008, 06:46 PM
Hello rick,

RadToolTip is part of the Prometheus ASP.NET suite. You can find more information on it here: http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-prometheus/controls/tooltip/overview.aspx

Sincerely yours,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2008, 01:22 AM
I apologize, I'm trying to duplicate the notifyicon feature in winforms, where the Tool tip would appear in the background executed by a timer.  Is there a control similiar that is available for winforms?
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2008, 09:25 AM
Hello rick,

Thank you for the idea. Currently, we do not have such a component in our suite. However, we have logged it in our TODO list, and we will consider adding it in a future release.

Your Telerik points have been updated.

If you have any other feature/component ideas, please share them with us.

Best wishes,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Wim Tra Kranen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chris