This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Failing to update from 2015.1.408 to 2015.2.624

2 Answers 35 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
IT Buyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
IT Buyer asked on 02 Jul 2015, 02:40 PM
When I run the upgrade wizard to complete the version upgrade noted in the title, the wizard removes Telerik.web.UI from my references and adds a bunch of Telerik.Windows.* references instead.  I know that is part of the winforms package, but why would the upgrade wizard remove the web assemblies and add the winforms assemblies to a web application?  Is this a known issue?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
IT Buyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2015, 02:45 PM
Nevermind.  I just realized Telerik.Web.UI is part of the ASP.NET Ajax Telerik suite.  This project contains those assemblies as well.  Why does the UI for ASP.NET MVC remove any references created by UI for ASP.NET AJAX?
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems you have hit an issue where the assembly references are removed for projects in which UI for ASP.NET AJAX and UI for ASP.NET MVC components are used together. The references are removed when using the Upgrade wizard for one of the products. As a workaround of the problem I would suggest to use the Upgrade wizard to upgrade the UI for ASP.NET MVC resources. After the upgrade process is completed add the UI for ASP.NET AJAX resources manually. The following address will guide you how to do that: LINK

Please let us know if any assistance is needed.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
IT Buyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
IT Buyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dyanko
Telerik team