Facing Error "Missing reference" for the telerik.windows.controls.dll while upgrading the dlls

5 posts, 1 answers
  1. Jeff Lishingman
    Jeff Lishingman avatar
    18 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

I am facing a problem when I am trying to upgrade the telerik binaries from version "2009.3.1314.1030" to "2012.1.326.1050". I have added the reference of the assembly "Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll" in my project and after that the statement 
    using Telerik.Windows.Controls ; 

is throwing an error like the below:
    The type or namespace name 'Telerik' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have .net framework 4 installed on my machine.

One other interesting thing that I have observed is that when I have tried to open this assembly in the Object Browser from Visual Studio 2010, it is not opening the assembly.

Any suggestions/ideas to fix this issue?

Thanks,
    Vijay
  2. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Hello,

Generally "2009.3.1314.1030" and "2012.1.326.1050" are Silverlight assemblies - not WPF.

All the best,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

3. Jeff Lishingman
    Jeff Lishingman avatar
    18 posts

Yes Vlad,

I know about this and I am looking for only Silverlight assemblies. 

I am referring them in Silverlight project only and there I am facing problems.

Thanks,
    Vijay
  4. Answer
    Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Hi,

In this case please post your questions in the relevant forum category to avoid any confusion. This forum is for RadControls for WPF!

Greetings,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

5. Jeff Lishingman
    Jeff Lishingman avatar
    18 posts

Thanks Vlad for updating.

I completely missed that point.
    Vijay