This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exporting to Excel 1500+ Pages

1 Answer 55 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Von Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 2
Von Aaron asked on 22 May 2017, 04:13 AM

Hi, 

I have a stored procedure when executed generates a record of 42000+. (Using Stand Alone Report Designer) calling the trdx in the UI - report viewer  I have no problem, it generates successfully in 2 mins compose of 1500+ pages.

The problem is when I tried to export it into excel. it lags and it cannot successfully export the file.

I wonder if anyone can help me about this. Thank you.

Regards,

Von

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 22 May 2017, 12:10 PM
Hello Von,

MS Excel formats have limitations in the number of columns and rows -  Excel Limitations. Please test reducing the amount of data and test if Excel files can be generated.

In case it is an out of memory exception, please check the hosting GDI+ error or OutOfMemoryException on exporting or printing Telerik report from Azure WebSites, or if the machine has enough CPU and memory to handle the data-retrieval and the generation of resources per document.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Von Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or