This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exporting more than 130 columns to Excel

1 Answer 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rayko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rayko asked on 14 Oct 2016, 09:36 AM

Hi,

I've put a table onto Telerik report containing more than 130 columns. When I export it as XLS and open it in Excel 2013 I get the message "Office has detected a problem with this file" and Excel starts in protected view.

When reducing the columns to max 130 the issue dosn't occur.

Is there any known problem regarding the columns count when exporting to Excel?

Best regards,

Rayko

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2016, 11:13 AM
Hi Rayko,

Please check the number of columns in the produced Excel file.

In case you are reaching the limit of 256 Excel columns in an XLS file, you can export in XLSX - Excel Limitations. Details about the required settings to have XLSX export are available in Missing DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, XPS export options.
Check also the type of fields displayed by the removed columns and if you use any formatting (TextBox.Format or Format text function) which may fail if the type of the fiedl cannot be formatted with the given format.

If you need further help, please open a support ticket and send us a demo report and test data reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rayko
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or