This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Export to pdf error.
3 Answers 94 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jignesh asked on 23 Jul 2010, 01:18 AM

Hi,

I have a report which contains  bound fields and a table (Telerik.Reporitng.Table) in the detail section of the report. I have used stored procedure which returns dataset with 2 datatables. i.e (Categories and Products). I have bound (in code) the report datasource to "Categories" datatable of the dataset and Telerik.Reporting.Table to "Products" datatable of the dataset. Both datatables “Categories” and “Products” have "CategoryID" column. I have a filter on the Telerik.Reporting.Table to only display products related to particular "CategoryID". Everything works just fantastic. I am able to run and export to pdf thousands of pages without any issue. However if there is no product for some category, in such case Telerik.Reporting.Table doesn't have any records it renders without any issue in report viewer but when I export to pdf it throws "Index out of range" error. Surprisingly export to excel just works fine.

 


Please help.

 


Thanks

Jignesh

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2010, 01:48 PM
Hello Jignesh,

We have not been able to reproduce the problem on our end. In fact the Product Line Sales demo report shipped with Telerik Reporting is using the very same approach and work properly even if you pass an empty value to the report parameter.
We would appreciate if you prepare and send us a sample runnable project which replicates the problem. Once we review it, we would be able to advise you accordingly.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
0
Accepted
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 04:09 PM
I just submitted a bug report for a similar issue. It seems that if your Table is bound to a source that has no records, and you set the ColumnHeadersPrintOnEveryPage property to true, you're going to get an Index was outside the bounds of the array error. Until the bug is fixed I suggest setting this property to false
0
Jignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2010, 03:04 AM

Thanks Kevin. After setting the ColumnHeadersPrintOnEveryPage property to false, it works fine.

 

Thanks,

Jignesh

Asked by
Jignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or