This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Export to PDF

3 Answers 113 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vikram asked on 31 May 2012, 02:34 PM
In our application we want to export hierarchical gridview to PDF format. I have seen a telerik demo with simple grid. It is working fine. But my queries are:
1. Is there any similar way to export hierarchical grids to PDF file.
2. How can we extract child gridview control which is defined as Hierarchical template in the parent Gridview? Please provide me some sample code.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jun 2012, 04:20 PM
Hello,

You can export hierarchy grid after you add the necessary table elements when you create the document to be exported. I would recommend you to check this help article on creating a document table in code behind. 

You would better work with the data elements and once you add the parent row, you should add table based on the data for the hierarchy. 

All the best,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks Didie, But Adding table based on the data in the hierarchy.is bit difficult because we have sightly different requiement, wherein we want to export the UI grid  to PDF as it is i.e. we wanted to retain its properties like Background color, FontSize, displayed columns etc.

And currently I am not able to extact the grid defined in the Hierarchical template
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I understand what your point is. For more advanced needs, I will suggest you to check the Telerik Reporting.

Greetings,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Vikram
Top achievements
Rank 1