Export to excel comes up with unwanted characters

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Vijhay
    Vijhay avatar
    13 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2018

    Posted 10 Jul 2018 Link to this post

    Hi All

    I'm trying to export the HTML table contents to grid, when I open the spreadsheet, the first column comes with unwanted characters, since it is a hyperlink <a> tag within the <TD> tag. Please refer the example below:

    https://dojo.telerik.com/inOGITIL

    Please let me know how this can be avoided.

    Thanks

    Vijhay Devarajan.

     

     

  2. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    3008 posts

    Posted 12 Jul 2018 Link to this post

    Hello, Vijhay,

    Thank you for the example.

    I noticed that in the meantime you have found our knowledge base article on this matter:

    https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/knowledge-base/export-only-the-text-from-the-grid-cell-which-contains-html

    The changes were applied to the Dojo:

    https://dojo.telerik.com/inOGITIL/4

    Regards,
    Stefan
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Vijhay
    Vijhay avatar
    13 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2018

    Posted 12 Jul 2018 Link to this post

    Thank You Stefan, It works!
  4. Vijhay
    Vijhay avatar
    13 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2018

    Posted 12 Jul 2018 Link to this post

    Thanks Stefan! It works!
Back to Top