Export Excel

37 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dan Ove
    Dan Ove avatar
    9 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi again

I found out why the generation proceeded slowly under debug mode. In one way or another have Visual Studio IntelliTrace been turned on. (Maybe the VS update 2 installation?) After I disable it the export dropped from 40 sec to 1.5 sec.

Best regards

Dan Ove
  2. Richard
    Richard avatar
    7 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi Rosen,

Can you please provide some sample on how to use GenerateExport of RadPivotGrid for WPF.

Thanks,
    Chard
  3. StevenDale
    StevenDale avatar
    100 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2013 Link to this post

If you download the latest release build and install the local demos, there are examples and source code for this. You can also launch the demos on the telerik site to see the examples. http://demos.telerik.com/wpf/
  4. Thomas
    Thomas avatar
    28 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

i have some problems with the export to excel. I used near the same code from the export demo.
    The file "Pivot.PNG" shows a screenshot from the filled pivot in my client and the file "pivot export.PNG" shows a screenshot from the exported excel file. 

these are my problems:

1. It seems that the collapsing of "01.01.2013" has no effect to the export. All cells "under" this element have been exported.
        This behaviour is equal to the export demo.
    2. the format of the deepest date cells  is wrong for me. I know, there is a SetFormat Method for the CellSelection class, but i dont want to     set the format for every cell. Is it possible to localize the export data?
    3. Row 4 in the export: Why is "Jan 2013" removed with "1.1.2013 0:00"?
    4. something goes completly wrong on Row 6 and 32 in the export screenshot.

Is there a way to export only the text in all date cells without any intepretation of the underlying date object?

Edit: another question:
    Currently the export methods block the ui thread. And it seems hard to transfer it to another thread, because the Workook or the PivotExportModel need the UI Thread for some methods. Is there a way to transfer the whole export process to a different thread?

Best Regards,
    Thomas
  5. Polya
    Admin
    Polya avatar
    267 posts

Posted 15 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hello Thomas,

Regarding 1. It seems that the collapsing of "01.01.2013" has no effect to the export. All cells "under" this element have been exported.
    In export functionality we are currently not taking into account expand/collapse behavior. This is by design - in your exports we will export everything no matter if it is collapsed or not.

Regarding 2. the format of the deepest date cells  is wrong for me. I know, there is a SetFormat Method for the CellSelection class, but i don't want to set the format for every cell. Is it possible to localize the export data?

This behavior is most probably because of the difference in the culture you are using in your custom group and the Excel's culture which is always the CurrentCulture. The only way is to set the format with CellSelection.SetFormat().

Regarding 3. Row 4 in the export: Why is "Jan 2013" removed with "1.1.2013 0:00"?

This is because as excel, in our spreadsheet we can parse the String Jan 2013 to date, which is automatically done. To modify this behavior we should use the CellSelection.SetFormat() method to set the correct format for these groups. In the attached project you can find an example of how to achieve this, assuming that "Jan 2013" represents the .ToString() of a custom group made by you. ( Search in MainWindow.xaml.cs : "Apply custom format only when the value's name is your custom group" )

Regarding 4. something goes completely wrong on Row 6 and 32 in the export screenshot.

This is most probably because the combination of your current culture and the format "01.01.2013" which in this culture is parsed as double. Is "01.01.2013" also the string representation of another custom group you created? If so you can try and use the same procedure ( using the CellSelection.SetFormat() ) as described above.

Could you try attached project and inform us if you still have any problems or concerns. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Polya
    Telerik
    TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
  6. Nayoung
    Nayoung avatar
    1 posts

Posted 10 Sep 2018 Link to this post

Hi! 

I'm wondering can PivotGrid's feature such as grouping export to excel?
    PivotGrid's GenerateExport Method doesn't send me out the grouped(when row or column has several pivots) detail but only the Cells.

Thanks, Nayoung

7. Dinko
    Admin
    Dinko avatar
    1220 posts

Posted 13 Sep 2018 Link to this post

Hello Nayoung,

I am not sure that I have fully understood your question. What do you mean by grouped detail? Basically, the export functionality of the RadPivotGrid by default will export all cells in the control. No matter if the groups are collapsed or visible. The GenerateExport() method will return an object of type PivotExportModel which contains the collection of all cells. This collection includes the group text cells. 

Regards,
    Dinko
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.