This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

export Excel 2016 format

5 Answers 285 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
M asked on 08 Jan 2020, 09:02 AM

Hi

When we want to export the report in silverlight , the excel item says export to excel 97-2003. Is it possible to exporting excel 2016 with Telerik reporting R3 2016 ?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2020, 02:29 PM

Hi,

You can export to XLSX but note that Microsoft Excel 2007 and above (OpenXML 2.0) require Third-Party Dependencies. Check the Deploying Open XML section. 

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2020, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your note . In my web config I have not any dependencies section.Then I don't know what is my previous (current) version of my open xml(or telerik open xml dll) . I am using silverlight with telerik reporting r3 2016 . What is my current version of related open xml dll (telerik open xml)?
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2020, 03:00 PM

Hi,

Let me give you more details. To export to XLSX you need to add new references to the Silverlight project:

- Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll and DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll versions 2.0.5022.0 and 2.5.5631.0

OR

- Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.2.7.2.dll and DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll version 2.7.2.0 and later.

The DLLs can be fount at the installation folder of Telerik Reporting: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting <Version>\Bin. Note that you don't need to add any dependencies sections. 

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2020, 10:07 AM

Hi Dear Neli

In my telerik reporting for silverlight Bin directory I see Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll only. and Only reference  is referencing to this dll. DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll or Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.2.7.2.dll or DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll version 2.7.2.0 are not exist !.  Q1 : Is any places for direct downloading of Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.2.7.2.dll and DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll version 2.7.2.0 ?  Q2: If references to these dlls does work  in telerik reporting r3 2016 ? I am very appreciated for your reply.

Accepted
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2020, 09:08 AM

Hello,

You can find  DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting R3 2016\Examples\bin.

Note that Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.2.7.2.dll and DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll  version 2.7.2.0 can be found in the installation folder of later versions of Telerik Reporting. In Telerik Reporting R3 2016, probably using these two assemblies will not work because of the issue described in Telerik Reporting R1 2019 fails to load assembly DocumentFormat.OpenXml 2.7.2+ KB article.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
M
Top achievements
Rank 1