This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error while installing latest telerik win controls.. ver 2011.1.11.419

3 Answers 79 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
deva subramanian
Top achievements
Rank 1
deva subramanian asked on 05 Dec 2011, 12:18 PM
Hi telerik ,

i  have downloaded the free trail of latest winforms controls. after installation am getting the below error

I tried uninstalling the controls and installed 3 times ,facing the same issues .also i couldn't able to delete this controls from GAC saying some user using this ..please guide me to use the latest version... waiting for the reply.
Thanks.
Dev.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2011, 03:06 PM
Hi Dev,

Thank you for contacting us.

Looking at the report you sent through the Telerik installer, it seems that the problem you experience is caused by a previous version of the product - RadControls for WinForms Q1 2011. The Windows Installer engine detected that this version is broken and tries to repair it, but can't find its installer.

As a solution, I could suggest you to manually repair or remove the previous version (RadControls for WinForms Q1 2011) and then run the installer again.

Please, let me know if this solved your issue.

Best regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.

Manesh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jul 2012, 08:55 AM
Hey buddies, after i've installed successfully the Q2 version 2012 and while running my application continuously, i got errors as error2.png is repeated many times and error1.png appeared some times please correct this error
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi Manesh,

This thread concerns another topic and mixing different subjects in the same thread is not a good practice. Please refer to this guide: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/vs-extensions/important-information-on-using-the-telerik-forums.aspx.
Furthermore, the provided information is not enough for me to replicate and investigate the experienced error. For this reason I would like to kindly ask you to open a new support ticket where you can attach your project and we will look into it for you. 

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
deva subramanian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
Manesh
Top achievements
Rank 2