This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error when loading themes after update to Q1 2008

5 Answers 101 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ryan asked on 08 May 2008, 10:46 PM
I am getting the error: Error loading theme from resource VisualStyleBuilder.Design.resources.VSSBlue.Xml: System.InvalidCastException: At least one element in the source array could not be cast down to the destination array type.  This occurs when I open the project for every control that I set a theme name for and when I open the VisualStyleBuilder.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing.

It appears that the Visual Style Builder is trying to open a theme, which does not exist - in the error message you sent in your previous email, I noticed that the name is VSSBlue.xml, while the theme in the Resources folder of the Visual Style Bulider project has the name VSBBlue.xml.

Please let me know whether you made a typo pasting the error in your previous email, and whether it was indeed the VSBBlue.xml file that could not be found.

If that was not the case, and the Visual Style Builder is indeed attempting to load a VSSBlue.xml theme, do you recall making changes to Visual Style Builder code?

Greetings,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Kiril
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing.

It appears that the Visual Style Builder is trying to open a theme, which does not exist - in the error message you sent in your previous email, I noticed that the name is VSSBlue.xml, while the theme in the Resources folder of the Visual Style Bulider project has the name VSBBlue.xml.

Please let me know whether you made a typo pasting the error in your previous email, and whether it was indeed the VSBBlue.xml file that could not be found.

If that was not the case, and the Visual Style Builder is indeed attempting to load a VSSBlue.xml theme, do you recall making changes to Visual Style Builder code?

Greetings,
Kiril
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 May 2008, 03:07 PM
This error is no longer occuring this morning.  It was VSBBlue.xml after reviewing my notes.
tim David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2009, 03:02 AM
Hello telerik,
   I don't know how to get the telerik VisualStyleBuilder tool,Can I edit the silverlight theme at VSB or just support the WinForm theme.I find  that Editing the RadControl State at Expression Blend 3 had a exception. If VSB  works well at editing the theme,I hope you can tell me how to get the VSB tools.
                                                                  Thanks Tim
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2009, 08:59 AM
Hello tim David,

Visual Style Builder is a tool that can be used only for WinForms. There is another tool called again Visual Style Builder that can be used only for ASP.NET. Please post your inquiry in our Silverlight forums; they will be eager to help about that.

All the best,
Nick
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril
Telerik team
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1