Error: The version of the Report Viewer '16.1.22.511' does not match the version of the Reporting REST Service '16.1.22.622'. Please make sure both are running same version.

1 Answer 378 Views
Report Designer - Web
Blair
Top achievements
Rank 1
Blair asked on 31 Aug 2022, 03:38 PM

Hello.

I am getting a version mismatch on the Report Viewer and Reporting REST Service.

I have checked all the packages and I cannot find anywhere where the Report Viewer is version is 16.1.22.511 (see below).

Is there some other area that I am missing?

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2022, 08:57 AM

Hello Blair,

I have already answered this question in a separate ticket but will also share the answer here so that it is visible to the other users too.

I do not see the Telerik.ReportViewer.Blazor package in that screenshot which most likely means that you are using the Blazor report viewer in a project separate from the service.

Please look into your projects and find where this package is and then change the version of it to 16.1.22.622.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
commented on 27 Sep 2022, 11:27 PM

I'm getting a similar error (see attached) and I can't seem to find where the Report Viewer 16.1.22.622 reference is coming from for the Report Viewer.

Is it from inside the actual report, or is it coming from the versions of the scripts?

Any advice on where to look would be much appreciated.

Dimitar
Telerik team
commented on 29 Sep 2022, 12:30 PM

The error is thrown from the Report Viewer's JS code. When the report viewer starts loading, it performs a Get Version request and then checks if the response version is the same as the version hard coded in its code. 

Basically, the error that you have experienced suggests that the Report Viewer JS resource is of version 16.2.22.914 while the service is working with 16.2.22.622.

The screenshot of the referenced Telerik Reporting packages suggests that they are all updated to 16.2.22.914 so I suspect the issue is caused by getting a cached version of the JS resource.

Try to clear the browser cache and ensure that the script tag, referencing the Report Viewer JS resource, is written correctly.

For example:

<script src="/api/reports/resources/js/telerikReportViewer"></script>

Tags
Report Designer - Web
Asked by
Blair
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question