Error RadDatePicker

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Christian Schmidt
    Christian Schmidt avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2012

    Posted 18 Mar 2009 Link to this post


    I have installed RadControls_for_WPF_Q1_2009_DEV.msi. Then I have created a new VS 2008 WFP C# .Net 3.5 Project.
    Everything works fine when I add the RadDatePicker to the Window.
    • The RadDatePicker shows up on the Window
    • Two DLLs are added to the project
      • Telerik.Windows.Controls > Version: 2009.1.312.35 > C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for WPF Q1 2009\\Binaries\WPF\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll
      • Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input > Version: 2009.1.312.35 > C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for WPF Q1 2009\\Binaries\WPF\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll
    • In the XAML File


    But now when I start the project VS tells me to find the source RadDatePicker.cs. Original location: c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\WPF_Team\Sources\Development\Silverlight\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input\DatePicker\RadDatePicker.cs
    Which I can not find on the machine.

    When I cancel this I get an Error from the InitializeComponent() function:
    Error: XamlParseException occured
    'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input;;;Component\Themes\Calendar\Telerik/Calendar.xaml' value cannot be assigned to property 'Source' of object 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary'. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Error at object 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary'.



    Christian Schmidt


  2. Boyan
    Boyan avatar
    758 posts

    Posted 20 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Christian ,

     Sorry for the inconvenience. Please add a reference to Telerik.Windows.Data.dll -- Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input assembly is dependant on it.

      We plan to remove this dependency for  SP1. For now you just have to add Telerik.Windows.Data.dll to the references of your project and everything should work fine.

    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Pivetal
    Pivetal avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2007

    Posted 27 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Boyan,

    Error: XamlParseException occured
    'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input;;;Component\Themes\Calendar\Telerik/Calendar.xaml' value cannot be assigned to property 'Source' of object 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary'. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Error at object 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary'.

    I am having the exact same issue, even after adding the Telerik.Windows.Data.dll reference you mention. 


    Also, I experience this issue for the following telerik controls:

    • RadDatePicker
    • RadNumericUpDown
    • RadCalendar
    • RadMaskedTextBox

    Referenced Telerik Assembly Version info below:

    Runtime Version: v2.0.50727

    Version: 2009.1.413.35


    Any ideas as to how to get around this, as your last solution has not worked?

  4. Boyan
    Boyan avatar
    758 posts

    Posted 29 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Bleddyn,

    I tested here with the version you listed  but when I added Telerik.Windows.Data.dll everything worked fine and I did not get this error. I advise you to check if Telerik.Windows.Data.dll assembly is not red in the references(failed to load for some reason) and also check if you have added Telerik.Windows.Controls assembly as well.

    I have attached the project I used with the .dlls I used. Please download it and see if it is working on your machine and maybe check for differences between my project and yours.

    Please let me know if you need more help. If the issue is still there, could you please send a project with the .dlls you are using included so that I can investigate it further. You zip the project files and attach them to a new support thread.

    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  5. Gwynn
    Gwynn avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2011

    Posted 22 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    I ran into the same problem.

    Changing the namespace declaration from:

    fixed the issue for me.
Back to Top