This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error printing more then one barcode on web

3 Answers 92 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jelte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jelte asked on 08 Dec 2009, 03:04 PM
Hello,

Part of one of our applications is to print barcodes.
But for some reason we seem to be getting some strange errors with this.

First off, let me say that we develop webbased applications with .NET 2.0 and Q2 2009 reporting.
Users have several options to print barcodes.
First there is the option to print only one Barcode. This works just fine.

Then there is the option to print barcodes for a certain amount of articles. Here something strange happens.
Only the first Barcode is being printed, all the "stickers" are getting printed but instead of a Barcode an error message is visible.
"#ERROR# Parameter is not valid."
But we don't use parameters!

The strange thing is that the print preview in the reportviewer does show the barcodes. They just don't show up on paper!
When i print the barcodes direct from the Report designer, (not from the HTML preview), it also works.


Anybody an idea what the error is?

Jelte

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2009, 08:26 PM
Hello Jelte,

This is a known error that has slipped into our Q2 SP1 release and is fixed in Q3 2009 and later internal builds. Check the Release Notes and get the latest internal build from the Latest Internal Builds area (log in required) and let us know if still having problems.


Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
0
Jelte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.
But i'm afraid this changed the problem a bit.

When i update the reporting control it seems that it broke the reporting tool.
In designview all works well, my reports are still being created and i'm able to print them out.
In runtime however i'm getting an error.
When i "downgrade" to the q2 version all works fine again.
Bellow is the error i get. I have no idea why, the only code we use is to bind a dataset and to tell which report should be used.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  
 
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
 
Source Error:  
 
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.   
 
Stack Trace:  
 
 
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] 
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.Resources.GetHideToolTip(String tooltip) +98 
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.Resources.get_DocumentMapHideText() +57 
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.DocumentMapToolbarGroup.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +140 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842 
 
  
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082  

I have tried it with the 2009 3 1104 version and the 2009 3 1202 version. Both had the same result.
It looks to me like an error in the reporting control. But then again i'm no Telerik expert :)

Thank you,

Jelte

0
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Jelte,

I am sorry to say that you have hit another problem that is due to your report viewer localization file. In Q3 we have introduced two new key-value pairs that need to be added to your .resx file:

  • DocumentMapToolTip - Hide document map|Show document map
  • ReportParametersNoValueText - Value required.
You can either open the .resx file in Visual Studio and manually add the missing key-value pair or download the updated .resx files that contain all needed keys from this KB article: Localizing the Telerik Report Viewer.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jelte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Jelte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or