I'm wondering if anyone can help identify what I'm doing wrong - or indicate if things have changed or bugs have been identified with how the reporting product handles fonts when rendering to PDFs since we last licensed our Telerik toolset...
We have a problem where a report has been designed using a set of corporate-branded ttf fonts. The report was built using the standalone designer (version 18.104.22.1687) to create trdx definition files and uses an external style sheet (style.xml). The report previews correctly but when we deploy it to the server and it's built within our C# application and streamed to the user, the displayed fonts revert to a default Windows one.
I can see that the other related style settings for the fonts are being applied (such as font size etc.) so it looks like the external style sheet is being read correctly and the font is simply being reverted back to the environments default one.
Googling around I've checked a number of things.
- The fonts are embedded in the PDF document. (I've tried embedding a both subset and the full set with no joy).
- Confirmation of embedding was taken by the increase in the pdf file size on each change
- Acrobat Reader shows the fonts as Embedded (or partially)
- Type TrueType (CID)
- Encoding: Identity-H
- The TTF fonts grant the permission for embedding (https://www.eggfortress.com/fixing-font-permissions-allowing-embed-on-ttf-fonts/)
- The font's are installed on both server and client machines.
We're long out of support from Telerik :( otherwise I'd consider opening a ticket. Does anyone in the community have any ideas or pointers to what to look at next?