Dynamic Reporting

1 Answer 233 Views
Report Designer - Web
Suresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Suresh asked on 21 Feb 2022, 02:30 PM

We are looking for a reporting tool for our website and I am going through the Telerik Reporting.

The requirement is that the webapp should connect to a datasource and then the user

should be able to dynamically create and run a report. What I am seeing in Telerik

reporting is that I need to create a report metafile using the reporting tool and then

use that to run a report  from the site.

So the question is does Telerik reports got the capability to dynamically create a report

from my website? Am I missing something? 

Greatly appreciate your input

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2022, 12:15 PM

Hello Suresh,

If I have understood correctly, you would like to be able to allow the users to create their own reports and then preview them, is my understanding correct?

If that is indeed the case, then this is the perfect scenario for our Web Report Designer which is an HTML5/JavaScript/CSS3 jQuery-based widget that allows developers to integrate a report designer into their web applications where users may access it to design and preview their own reports or reports created beforehand. The styling is based on the Kendo UI Sass Default theme. The Telerik Web Report Designer previews reports in an HTML5 Report Viewer.

I recommend checking our live demo - Web Report Designer Demo where you may explore its functionalities.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Tags
Report Designer - Web
Asked by
Suresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or