This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Dynamic Binding

1 Answer 48 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 20 Dec 2018, 02:34 AM

I want to use TreeListView for creating a financial statement. The columns are reporting periods determined at run time. The number of reporting periods is determined at run time.

It looks something like this.

Element                                     Jan                   Feb               Mar             April

AccountsReceivable                  10                     20                  40              90

Inventory                                    33                     66                  34            454

Column 1 is a heiractical list of elements

the other columns are a collection for each element that consists of:

Period (2018-Jan)

Value $100

How would I bind the reporting period column with the element row. I have the data. It is a matter of presenting it.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2018, 11:06 AM
Hello Peter,

Generally, RadTreeListView control should be used only with homogeneous data. This is also stated in RadTreeListView's Getting Started article.

I can suggest you using RadGridView with RowDetails. The data context of the RowDetails is the parent item, so you can define another RadGridView (or whatever you want, it is a DataTemplate) which will be bound to the child collection.

Regards,
Yoan
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yoan
Telerik team
Share this question
or