This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag'n'drop broken in Q2 2013

11 Answers 102 Views
Diagram
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kristoffer asked on 14 Jun 2013, 01:50 PM
Finally a new version. Thank you! Now I'm happy :D

Just upgraded from Q1 2013 to Q2 2013. Fixed the project paths. Rebuilt our solution. Now I'm unhappy again :(

Broken features
* Drag-dropping our shapes from our panel does not produce a shape in our diagram.
* Connections are invisible. (Even if I remove our custom connection style.)

Now, please don't tell me to create a god-damn sample project for you. You changed something in Q2 that implies these silent errors. Please fix them as soon as possible or tell us how to adapt to whatever the changes were.

Thank you

Update
Please note that we create our own connection using GetConnectionContainerForItemOverride(). Also, dropping does not work even if I explicitly add a drop-handler in the view's code-behind:
DragDropManager.AddDropHandler(this, OnDropItem);
or
DragDropManager.AddDropHandler(this.diagram, OnDropItem);

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 03:06 PM
Hello Kristoffer,

Currently there is a known issue with Drag and Drop within RadDocking control. Can you please let us know if your RadDiagram is wrapped within a RadDocking control? If it is, we're currently investigating the cause for the issue. In the meantime in order to workaround it you can subscribe to the DragOver event of the RadDiagram control and mark it as Handled. By doing so the Drop event will be fired the dropped shape will be added to the RadDiagram. You can use the following code:
public MainWindow()
{
    InitializeComponent();
    DragDropManager.AddDragOverHandler(xDiagram, this.OnDragOver);
}

private void OnDragOver(object sender, Telerik.Windows.DragDrop.DragEventArgs e)
{
    e.Handled = true;
}

Regarding the second issue, can you please make sure you're using a supported ConnectionType. With this release there are only a few supported ConnectionTypes:
  • Polyline
  • Bezier
  • Spline

You can find more information regarding these types in our documentation. Before we supported Straight and RoundedConnections but as they are now depreciated they aren't displayed. And if you use any of these obsoleted types, please change them with any of the new supported type. The Polyline connection is the most commonly used type as it by default comes with two ConnectionPoints - start and end points, and therefore it is displayed as a straight connection. In the tutorial I mentioned you can find more information regarding the ConnectionPoints and regarding the new support for rounded connections.

If, however, you're not using RadDocking nor obsoleted ConnectionTypes, I'm afraid we'll have to ask you to elaborate further on your solution and its implementation. As only then we will be able to investigate the case locally.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks. Yes, the RadDiagram is inside a RadDocking control. We tried adding a drag-drop handler explicitly, as you showed, but it is never called.
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2013, 08:00 AM
Hello Kristoffer,
We'll try to fix the DnD in the RadDocking soon, but for now the OnDragOver workaround should be working. I'd like to ask you for some code snippets or (even better) a sample project so that we could investigate what's going wrong in your case.
I've attached the sample project that I used for testing so you could examine it and tell us what you're doing differently.

Regards,
Zarko
Telerik

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Eugene
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2013, 12:43 AM
Hi Tina,

We also experience this "special behavior" of RadDiagram in new version. You workaround works for us.
Do you plan to fix it? Is it going to be in next quarter release?

Eugene
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 07:03 AM
Hi Eugene,

I am happy to inform you that the behavior that you report is already fixed in our latest internal build. Please try our new dlls out and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Dillon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2013, 06:10 PM
I also have DragDropManager drop events that should be firing but stopped after the Q2 2013 release. Upon closer inspection the RadGridView that should be targeted by the DragDropManager is nested within a RadDocking control.

How would I get access to the new DLLs to fix this issue? I would also suggest adding a note of this know issue somewhere in the documentation .
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jul 2013, 04:24 PM
Hi Dillon,

Thank you for writing to us. This issue is indeed known and it should be already fixed. Can you please download our latest internal build for WPF from your account. The assemblies in it contain the fix so please reference them in your project and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 12:35 PM
Hi,

Just replaced all my binaries with the ones from RadControls_for_WPF_2013_2_0819_DEV_hotfix. Recompiled and ran my application. Still same problem; the connections are invisible!

Ideas?

UPDATE:
Drag'n'drop seems to work. The same goes for our connections if we use Polyline instead of Straight. However, pressing <DEL> when our dropped shape is selected, causes our software to hang. This did not happen before.
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 04:40 PM
Hi Kristoffer,
As Tina said the Straight connection type is depreciated(that's why you don't see the connections) and with Q3 it'll be permanently removed so my advice is to replace it with Polyline.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the hanging issue(after deleting a dropped shape) and we're not aware of similar problems so I'd like to ask you for some information and code snippets or even better - a sample project.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zarko
Telerik
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Aug 2013, 01:18 PM
Zarko, thanks. It works now. We had a weird "update adorner" construct in code-behind that caused this issue with your latest library. We concluded that our code was wrong.
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 08:18 AM
Hi Kristoffer,
I'm glad I was able to help you and if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Zarko
Telerik
Tags
Diagram
Asked by
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1