This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and Drop Not Working.

15 Answers 325 Views
TileView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rocky asked on 10 Jun 2010, 10:53 AM
Hello there,
            Can anyone help me out here. I have used Tiles View Control and I Liked it very much.  I Simply loved it. I have used it and much of it is working is alright except the drag and drop even though all the Tiles are at restored state. I have checked the isItemDraggingEnabled property to true. Please help me out here what should I do to enable the drag and drop feature of tiles.

1 curious question. When 1 Tile is Maximized and the other Tiles are Restored. Does these restored Tiles Support drag and drop like in the modern internet Browsers?

Thank You

15 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Rocky,

Thank you for your feedback. The IsItemDraggingEnabled property simply tells the TileView whether the user can reorder its items, and it has nothing to do with drag and drop functionality. I've prepared a small project that shows drag and drop functionality between TileView and ListBox. Have a look at it and let me know if it helps.

Additionally, could you please elaborate a little bit more on your last question. Which functionality exactly you have in mind.

All the best,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 11:33 AM
Hello,
 I don't think you got my question over there and I am also sorry for poorly elaborating my question. I have 4 Tile Panels and what i meant is when all 4 are in restored state (ie Minimized) I am not able to drag and drop or re order the panels like in the Example Program that come along. Suppose I want to drag the 4th panel and place it in the 1st position, but I am not able to use this feature. Please help

Secondly my question was, when 1 panel is Maximized state and other 3 panels are at restored state. Does the Rad Tile View support the the re order of the restored panels only?

I beg my pardon once again for elaborating my question poorly.
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Rocky,

I am not able to reproduce the reordering issue. I've attached a video and an application. If you run the application, are you able to reorder the items as shown on the video? Probably you've set some properties to RadTileView and RadTileViewItem which might be preventing you from reordering the items.

As for question #2, currently this scenario is not supported. RadTileView does not support reordering its items when they are minimized. However, I've added this feature request in our public issue tracking system under the name "TileView: Enable reordering of TileViewItems when in Minimized mode" and it will be available for tracking and voting tomorrow the latest. If this feature request gathers enough popularity we will definitely implement it.

Greetings,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 06:36 AM
That is exactly what I wanted and is not working on mine project. As far as I can I have compared the settings of Two project and found no difference. . I am really stuck. What should I do next? Please lead me.
Thank You
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi Rocky,

Is it possible to send us your project in some way? Before sending it, however, I'd like to ask you to remove all the unnecessary logic and leave just the TileView. This way I will be able to assist you better and faster.

On a side note, I'd like to inform you that we've just released an online tool that allows you to reduce the size of your Silverilght applications. For more information, please visit http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/10-06-10/telerik_assembly_minifier.aspx

All the best,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Kiril,

I have now noticed that I have a situation here. As told by you as I was cleaning the unnecessary code and windows. When I change my start up uri of my project is set to the window where The tiles view is used, Reordering works very fine but when the startup uri is changed and the  window where Tiles View is used is opened after clicking the button on other window the reordering doesn't  work.

I tried to send you my project earlier also but out here I was allowed to upload gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png files only so please give me the email address so that I can send you my project or any other option.

And oh! my project is wpf project does the tool you mentioned earlier work for wpf also? because that tool seems Interesting and quite handy.

Thank you

Accepted
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Rocky,

Thank you for clarifying your scenario. There will be no need of sending you project. Internally RadTileView used RadDragAndDropManager for its drag/drop operations.Currently RadDragAndDropManager does not work in windows different than the main window. We have plans to make this work but currently I cannot bind to a specific release date. My suggestion is, if your scenario permits, to use RadTileView in the MainWindow. Let me know if this can work for you.

All the best,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jun 2010, 04:47 PM
Hello,

Thank you, Currently I need a login screen in my project to validate the user. So using RadTileView in Main Window is out of question. But still I liked the RadTileView very much and will be forward to actually use that feature along with other improvements. Best Of Luck.

Thank You very much
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Sep 2011, 03:10 PM
Is there any update on the availability of this?

I have a scenario where I would like to use nested tileview controls to implement an order workflow applictaion, where users need to drag work orders (the inner nested tileview) to another work centre (the outer tileview) in order to trigger a status update in the database.
Rocky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2011, 03:38 PM
oh no... actually shortly after that and my trial period expired and I never bought the telerik controls. ... :( maybe some Kiril Stanoev or any other telerik developer can answer this question ;-)
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Phillip,
You can drag and drop RadTileViewItems between different RadTileViews with the RadDragAndDropManager.
You can read more on the subject here and here.
I've created a sample application(I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need, but you can customize it) that demonstrates dragging and dropping between nested tileViews so could you please examine the attached project and if you have more questions feel free to ask?

Best wishes,
Zarko
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Ingrid
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2012, 05:32 PM
Hi, 

I'm using this sample as the base for my project.
I upgraded this morning the dlls to the latest version I use for the telerik.windows.controls and telerik.windows.controls.navigation to version 2012.1.521.1040. (the files present in RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2012_1_0528_DEV_hotfix.zip 
 It still compiles but i can not swap any longer the tileview items inside a tileview.
The drag and drop between tileviews is still working.
Can you please let me know how to resolve this.
Thanks in advance
Paul Van Bladel (KBC BANK). 
Ingrid
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2012, 05:40 PM
same problem with version 2012.1.326.1040
regards
paul van bladel (kbc bank)
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2012, 04:01 PM
Hello Johan,
There have been some changes in the DragDropManager and that's why my old example doesn't work correctly with the new dlls.
I've attached a sample project which shows how to use the new DDM so could you please examine it and if you have further questions feel free to ask.

Greetings,
Zarko
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Ingrid
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2012, 06:14 AM
Super !
That fixed the issue.
Many thanks
Tags
TileView
Asked by
Rocky
Top achievements