This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and Drop

3 Answers 75 Views
Carousel
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David Ribb
Top achievements
Rank 1
David Ribb asked on 20 Apr 2010, 01:38 AM
I am using the Drag and Drop manager to drag from a Telerik Grid to a RadCarousel.  Everytime the mouse moves over the carousel with the left button held down, it immediatly scrolls to the frist item.  How do I stop this?

David Ribb

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 07:38 AM
Hi David Ribb,

Currently this is a know issue and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. I have created a PITS item which will allow you track the status of this issue. If you could provide more information your your scenario I might be able to come up with a workaround. What is the UI structure of data that is presented by the carousel items? Is it complex (many TextBlocks) or something simple (for example an Image element). 

I have also updated you Telerik points. Thank you for  your feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Milan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
David Ribb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 10:03 PM
The top of my form is the carousel and under it is a grid.  The carousel represents categories and the grid is records in the categories.  I'd like the users to drag records from the grid and reassign them to another category.  Everything works right now except that little annoying issue of sliding to the front of the list.  If you have a workaround, that would be great.

Thanks,
David Ribb
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2010, 07:40 PM
Hi David Ribb,

I have prepared a sample solution that demonstrates how the current limitation can be overcome. I have created a custom ContentPresenters which only moves the carousel on MouseUp.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Milan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Carousel
Asked by
David Ribb
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
David Ribb
Top achievements
Rank 1