This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Download previous versions

10 Answers 1692 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter Mulders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter Mulders asked on 30 Oct 2012, 01:05 PM
Hi guys

I am getting extremely frustrated and actually quite angry because I can't find a way on the Telerik website to download a specific version of the WPF controls. I need version 2012.1.326 but all I can find is realease notes. This is of no use to me. Please will someone help me out?

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter Mulders
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you Telerik for hiding it so well that it's wasted half an hour of my day to find it!

For those having the same probelm in future this is how you get to previous versions:
  • Click on your name on the top of the site
  • Select "Account Overview"
  • Select "Manage Products"
  • Under "Purchased Products & Extensions", select your product. In my case it's "Premium Collection"
  • Then select "Download" next to your product
  • Then on the product you're looking for, in my case "Radcontrols for WPF" click on "Older Versions"
  • That will take you to the page that will give you the option of downloading specific versions.

For a company that specializes in UI controls and design I would imagine it would be easier to find this.
Also, the search system was useless, giving me release notes and no way to get to the products.

This is the link to the content that I was looking for:
http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/download-list.aspx?skucid=10
Venera
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 02:27 PM
Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe the usability issues we have on the "Your Account" section of our websites. 

We are currently working on redesigning the whole user experience on this part of our website and such feedback helps us a lot. With this respect would you agree to participate in the focus groups we plan to organize for testing the prototypes and beta version of the new Your Account?

Greetings,
Venera
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Venera,

While I didn't have as much trouble as Peter in the finding the files (even though they are buried pretty deeply in the site), the issue I have is the Control Panel.  When I double click on the downloaded earlier version executable, the Control Panel opens up and happily starts installing...THE LATEST VERSION.  There is nothing in the Control Panel that indicates, even though I specifically fired up the install executable of an earlier version (this is on a clean machine), that is has instead decided to pull the latest version from your site and install it.

I need to install the 2012 Q2 SP1 bits because we are not ready to go to Q3.  How can I simply install the version I downloaded and double-clicked on. This is a showstopper for me, so I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Chris A
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 05:24 PM
Hi again Venera,

I now see that the Older Versions area gives me the choice to download an EXE file, which will be used by the Control Panel, or an MSI, which I can use to install the bits myself.  I grabbed the MSI and everything worked fine. 

Therefore, I believe I'm in good shape, but would ask that you guys consider making this clearer to the developer because, like Peter, I've chewed up quite a bit of time getting to this point.

Thanks,

Chris A
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2012, 01:19 PM
Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Control Panel app is basically the same, no mather what product version you download it from and will always run the version you have installed on your system, incase you have installed it previously.

We are currently looking at ways of handling installing older versions through the Control Panel, as well as improving the download sections in our website.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Ron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2012, 08:17 PM
Peter, thanks for the link... I never would have found how to get older versions otherwise.
Allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2016, 09:44 AM

It is now nearing the end of 2016 and there still isn't an easy way to revert to an older version.  In fact I'd say it's getting worse because now there is no way of removing the annoying "There is an update available" tooltip that appears in VS2015.  I know, I installed another version to test with before upgrading all projects.  But every solution pops up that tooltip which covers much of the VS2015 toolbar UI.

I'm not holding out for a fix for this any time soon due to this post.

Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2016, 10:37 AM
Hello Allan,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can disable the notifications in the Visual Studio, if newer version is installed on your machine (LINK) or if newer version exists (LINK).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Allan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2016, 10:46 PM
Thank you Steliyan.  Can I make a suggestion and NOT call the Telerik Options, "VSExtension options..."?  That may be the technical term your company understands but not a new user.  Most of our team had not opened that to see those options because we thought it was related to Visual Studio Extensions.
Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2016, 07:09 AM
Hi Allan,

If you consider the name VSExtensions Options alone - yes, it is misleading, but the option is put under the Telerik menu entry in the Visual Studio's menubar.
Renaming it to something like Telerik VSExtensions Options would case redundancy in the naming and would look funny.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Peter Mulders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter Mulders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Venera
Telerik team