This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DocumentHost Tab Placement

2 Answers 80 Views
Docking
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott Michetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott Michetti asked on 16 Nov 2015, 09:01 PM

Hello,

is there a way to place the tabs at the bottom of the document host? Here's my XAML. I'm not sure how to move them to the bottom.

Thanks,

Scott

<telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer  x:Name="gridSplitterContainer">
                    <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup>
                        <telerikDocking:RadPane  CanFloat="False" Header="Tab 1" CanUserClose="False" CanUserPin="True" x:Name="gridPane">                            
                        </telerikDocking:RadPane>
                        <telerikDocking:RadPane  CanFloat="False" Header="Tab 2" CanUserClose="False" CanUserPin="True" x:Name="gridPane2">                           
                        </telerikDocking:RadPane>
                    </telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup>
                </telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer>
            </telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Scott Michetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2015, 09:03 PM
Sorry for the double post but I keep getting an error when posting and I thought it didn't go through.
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2015, 09:15 AM
Hi Scott,

I've deleted the duplicated post. The tab strip in the DocumentHost by default is placed on top - in order to change that you would need to modify the default DocumentHostTemplate (named PaneGroupDocumentTemplate) of the RadPaneGroupStyle (or replace it with the BottomTemplate).

However if you change those templates the PaneGroup will look like as it is not inside the DocumentHost. So as another solution you could simply not use DocumentHost and the PaneGroup would have the tab strip on the bottom as it is by default for all non DocumentHost PaneGroups.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Docking
Asked by
Scott Michetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Scott Michetti
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kalin
Telerik team