This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

documentation

3 Answers 62 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 18 Mar 2013, 04:37 AM
Im trying to pass a field as a parameter to a subreport and i'm afraid the documentation isn't helping me:

Collapse imagePassing Parameters to a SubReport

To setup parameters for a SubReport click the ellipses of the Parameters property. Each parameter consists of a Parameter Name and Parameter Value.

Click the New button to add a parameter. Assuming you have assigned the ReportSource property the Parameter Name drop down list will contain the names of parameters defined in the report. Select a Parameter Name from the combobox to set the target for this parameter. Parameter Value combobox allows you to enter value directly, create an "<Expression>" or a "<New Report Parameter>".

• Firstly the screen capture doesn't represent what 'im seeing.
  • then I'm unsure where I should find this "Parameter's Property"
  • I have "report parameter", is that the same thing?
  • Should the referred parameters be in the subreport or the parent report?
I notice that also in the API documentation that Parameter is obsolete?
http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/allmembers_t_telerik_reporting_subreport.html
Public property Parameters Obsolete.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2013, 07:41 AM
The above still holds true, but i managed to get the subreport parameters passed by removing the subreport and then re-adding it, whereupon I could "edit parameters"
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2013, 02:42 AM
Now if I want to alter these passed parameters.... where do i find them?
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi Michael,

That is correct the SubReport item Parameters property is obsolete, the item exposes ReportSource object where report definition and parameters can be passed through a Report Source. In the attached images, you can see the expected screens:
  • ReportSourceDesigner.png - SubReport.ReportSource dialog;
  • EditParameters.png - Parameters editing dialog;
Notice that report parameters are passed as string expressions, so if you change a parameter name, you would have to edit the parameters mapping also.

About the help article in question we will update it accordingly with the next documentation upload.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Stef
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stef
Telerik team