This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Difficult to resize RibbonWindow in Office 2013 theme

1 Answer 35 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 21 Feb 2019, 07:25 AM
Using the Office 2013 theme, it is difficult for users to resize the window because there is no (or very little) area to grab the right edge to get the resize cursor, when at the part of the window where the ribbon is located. Anywhere below the ribbon seems to be fine, but along the edge of the ribbon is the problem. Other themes also seem to be ok. Is there any way to fix or workaround this? Hopefully without copying the entire template for the ribbon and/or ribbon window?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2019, 03:41 PM
Hello Steve,

I am afraid that this is an issue with the RadRibbonWindow in the Office2013 and VisualStudio2013 themes. At this point there is no convenient workaround for this. What I could suggest you is to use a different theme or use the default window theme (avoid setting IsWindowsThemeEnabled property to False) and set the WindowResizeBorderThickness property. I've attached a small example showing this. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or