This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Dependency question

3 Answers 92 Views
Map
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Jason D asked on 31 Dec 2015, 07:10 PM

Today I discovered the following file in my build folder: Telerik.Windows.Data.dll

Upon further research, I discovered that this file is listed as a dependency for RadMap:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/installation-and-deployment/deploying-telerik-ui/installation-installing-dependencies-wpf.html

I have 3 projects using the map and only one has this file in the build folder. Two are using WPF 4.5 and one is using WPF 4.0. I've been sending out the installations for years without this file and haven't had a problem. Can you explain why this file is needed? Also any idea why it is only just now showing up for this one project?

These are the two files I am actually referencing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for WPF\Binaries.NoXaml\WPF45\Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for WPF\Binaries.NoXaml\WPF45\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2016, 01:43 PM
Hello Jason,

In the common case RadMap doesn't need Telerik.Windows.Data assembly. The map control is using the assembly only in a scenario where the DataMappings collection of the layer is populated. RadMap will work properly even without the Telerik.Windows.Data dll. However, if you decide to use the DataMappings collection I recommend you to include the Data dll.

Basically, the Telerik.Windows.Data assembly contains classes used in data scenarios (data binding helpers, custom collections, etc.) and some of our controls requires them. So, if you are using other controls (different than RadMap) from the DataVisualization dll we recommend adding also the Data assembly.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2016, 01:45 PM
Hi Jason,

As for the second questions - since, I am not familiar with your setting and build structure I cannot be sure why the dll file is displayed there.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 05 Jan 2016, 04:25 PM
Thank you for info.
Tags
Map
Asked by
Jason D
Top achievements
Rank 1