This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DataFormValidationSummary no longer displaying in 2013 Q2 611

4 Answers 67 Views
DataForm
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve asked on 08 Jul 2013, 10:18 PM
Hi,
I have been using the DataFormValidationSummary outside of the DataForm within my own UserControl.  The version I've been using is 2012 Q3 11/29 and it has worked beautifully.  I recently upgraded to 2013 Q2 6/11 and now the DataFormValidationSummary no longer displays.  Hopefully you can identify why this might occur, as I would hate to have to move back to the working version.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2013, 07:33 AM
Hi Steve,

I have tried to reproduce the behavior you described, but unfortunately without much success. This is what I get with the Q2 2013 version. Do you see anything different on your side ? Is there anything more specific that you do ? 

Regards,
Maya
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2013, 05:33 PM
I don't use the RadDataForm.  I use the DataFormValidationSummary directly and bind it to a collection of  Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data.ErrorInfo.
<telerikDataForm:DataFormValidationSummary DockPanel.Dock="Bottom"
                                           Margin="0"
                                           Errors="{Binding Errors}"
                                           Focusable="False"
                                           KeyboardNavigation.DirectionalNavigation="None"
                                           KeyboardNavigation.TabNavigation="None" />

Accepted
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 11:50 AM
Hello Steve,

Generally, there should be no changes in the validation summary in that time period. Can you try displaying the errors in another control ?   I have tested a very simple case on my side:

this.summary.Errors = new ObservableCollection<Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data.ErrorInfo>(){new ErrorInfo(){ErrorContent = "ErrorContent"}};

and it works ok. Do you do anything more specific ?

Regards,
Maya
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the response.  Upon further investigation I discovered that in an attempt to force validation when tabbing through controls without user input, I was forcing the validation to add the error, and then remove it.  I was able to fix this and it had nothing to do with the ValidationSummary itself.

Thanks,
Steve
Tags
DataForm
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
Steve