This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Datafield property difference between v. 5030 and 6100

1 Answer 60 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin asked on 12 Aug 2008, 08:05 AM
Hi Telerik.

My dataset look like this.

I have a main table (Passengers), which holds details of passengers connected to a group. in this table i have a GroupCabinsId which points to another table (GroupCabins) holding Available cabins for the specific group. In table GroupCabins i have an id called CabinId which points to another table (Cabins) where detials of the cabins is listed.

Below is listed the tables in the dataset.

Passengers            GroupCabins            Cabins
Id                            Id                               Id
Name                      CabinId                      Code    

i need to make a grid where i show the Name, Gender from passengers and Code from Cabins

This was no problem for me in version 5.0.3.0 of Telerik grid. where i manually added a GridviewTextBoxColumn and sat the DataField Property to GroupCabins.Cabins.Code

But as i have upgraded to version 6.1.0.0 this way no longer works. can anyone tell me what to do to make this work.?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Martin ,

The new version of RadGridView has architecture changes for the column name. In the new release the role of the column name is UniqueName property (FiledName remains valid for previous editions) and all sort and group expressions are based on UniqueName. This behavior is changed to support full bound, unbound, mixed and virtual modes in RadGridView.

The FieldName in the new release is like DataGridViewColumn DataPropertyName - only the relation to bound data.

When you create GridviewTextBoxColumn, you must set FieldName = 'Code' to map column to the data source. Also you can set and UniqueName = 'Code' to make all sorting/grouping operation from API. In the current version constructors for columns are changed to initialize FieldName or FieldName and UniqueName.

If the problems persist, please send us a simple project reproduce problem locally.

All the best,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Share this question
or