This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CTRL+A key was not working in IE Browser

1 Answer 90 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anitha asked on 09 Jan 2017, 12:19 PM

Hi
I am using kendo-Dialog for shown the Employee Details. In Chrome or Mozilla when I use CTRL+A all the details in the dialog was selecting correctly. But in IE browser when I use CTRL+A the Select All keys are working but the values are not selected in the same Dialog for IE Browser.

I have used below code:

this.$(".employee").keydown(function (e) {
if (e.ctrlKey) {
if (e.keyCode == 65 || e.keyCode == 97) { // 'A' or 'a'
alert("Alert");
$(this).select();
}
}
});

But its not working in IE 11.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jan 2017, 07:04 AM

Hello Anitha,

Generally, Ctrl+A and selection over the Kendo Window contents is something that the browser controls and there is no logic (in Kendo UI) implemented regarding this functionality.  

You can test out here (http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/window/index) that using Ctrl+A selects all the browser contents because the Kendo Window is part of the page's HTML. 

If, however, scenario is rather different try to isolate the case in a dojo sample so that I can examine the case and understand better what is the experienced behavior on your end.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or