This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly

4 Answers 538 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jitendra asked on 08 Feb 2012, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

I am getting following error message.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView, Version=2011.3.1116.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I tried Telerik version 2011.2.0712.35,2011.3.1220.40,2011.3.1220.35 versions. But I am not able to resolve this issue.

Let me know how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2012, 01:47 PM
Hello Jitendra,

Your exception indicates that your solution needs the RadRibbonView assembly with version 2011.3.1116.40. And if you simply replace the assembly with a different version - for example 2011.3.1220, the application might not replace the old one properly.

Can you try removing all your Telerik assemblies, cleaning your solution, removing the Bin and obj folders and then adding the new assemblies and building the solution. Let us know if it helps.

All the best,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2012, 06:06 AM
Hi Tina ,

Still its not working.

can you please check more, how can i resolve this issue.

thanks,
Jitendra Patel
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Jitendra,

You can try Telerik project Upgrade Wizard - please follow this tutorial.

Or in Visual Studio you can unload the WPF project from your solution and edit the .csproj file. Then you can check the Telerik-assemblies Reference tags to see the version of the assemblies. Or you can remove all telerik-related Reference entries and reload your project, clean it, add the new references and build it.

If this doesn't help, it would be best to send us the project that is causing the issues along with the assemblies you need to reference so that we can further investigate the case.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Kris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2016, 07:59 PM
Removing all telerik-related reference entries, reloading the project, cleaning it, adding the new references back in from the correct location and building the solution again worked.  Thank you for the help.
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1