This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Connection to SQL Server 2014

1 Answer 69 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hamish
Top achievements
Rank 1
hamish asked on 02 Jul 2015, 11:59 AM

We currently are using SQL Server Analysis services as the back end and using Telerik for WPF to display various Pivot Tables from the SQL Server cubes. We provide Telerik control with a Connection settings object via the AdomdDataProvider class to provide connection information as follows

"Provider=MSOLAP.5;User Id=genericuserid;Password=[password];Data Source=[servername];Initial Catalog=[cubename]Timeout=360 

The issue we are having is that we are finding that unless that actual Windows domain user (i.e. the person logged in) has access (via a role defined in the SQL Server cube) then they are refused access even if the user id in the connection string (in this example 'genericuserid') does have full admin privileges, In other words it seems that SQL Server for the purposes of getting at the CUBE data is ignoring the user id passed in the connection string and always using the domain user id.

Is there anyway I can force SQL Server to use the 'genericuserid' so I do not have to explicitly give users access via a role.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Polya
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2015, 11:07 AM
Hello Hamish,

We are using the AdomdDataProvider.ConnectionSettings.ConnectionString to create new Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection. We are not modifying the ConnectionString in any way before passing it to the Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection(string connectionString) constructor.
That said the issue should not be related to the AdomdDataProvider itself and might lie in the setup of the Cube or the version of the Adomd library used. Currently we support only Adomd library v.10.

Regards,
Polya
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
hamish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Polya
Telerik team
Share this question
or