ComboBox not taking Office2016Touch theme - what am I doing wrong?

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. David
    David avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Apr Link to this post

I'm trying to theme my app using implicit styles and the Office2016Touch theme.

Most controls look correct, but for some reason, the RadComboBox is only "half" themed - the dropdown looks correct, the mouseover effect looks correct, but the basic look still appears to be default/glass-like.

I've no idea what I'm doing wrong, even the most basic sample app seems to exhibit the problem.

Any help gratefully received!

2. Answer
    Martin
    Admin
    Martin avatar
    99 posts

Posted 12 Apr Link to this post

Hello David,

I have observed this scenario before and I could guess that you might be using assemblies with mixed types - XAML-included and noXAML assemblies. In order to get the theming right, you need to make sure that all your assemblies are noXAML (including the Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll  etc.) since the Office2016Touch theme is supported with noXAML assemblies and implicit styles.

Regards,
    Martin
    Telerik by Progress
    Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
  3. David
    David avatar
    2 posts

Posted 13 Apr in reply to Martin Link to this post

Thank you. That was exactly what had happened.