This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Clicking 'Tab' creates a new row

7 Answers 79 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 28 Nov 2017, 09:07 PM

Description:

• When I click on the 'New row', it creates a blank new row.

• When I tab to a Decimal column and add something there and click tab (Note it isnot the last column), it creates an empty row.

I don't get this if instead of clicking tab, I actually click in the next cell.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 29 Nov 2017, 06:04 AM
Hello, John, 

Thank you for writing back. 

Your question regarding the Telerik UI for WinForms suite has already been answered in the other thread "Clicking tab creates new row" you have opened on the same topic. Please, see our answer there for more information. However, I have converted it into a support ticket in order to allow attachments. You can find the ticket in your Telerik Account.

We kindly ask you to use just one thread for a specific problem to contact us. Posting the same questions numerous times slows down our response time because we will need to review and address two or more tickets instead of one. Moreover, threads are handled according to license and time of posting, so if it is an urgent problem, we suggest you use a support ticket, which would be handled before a forum thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Nov 2017, 01:56 PM
The posting 'solution' does not work for WinForms, only WPF
Telerik team
answered on 29 Nov 2017, 02:18 PM
Hello, John, 

It seems that you have opened 3 absolutely identical threads regarding RadGridView:
- one thread in the WPF forum
- one thread in the WinForms forum: the current thread
- one thread from the WinForms that has been converted. As it was already noted in the specific thread, I have converted it into a support ticket in order to allow attachments. You can find the ticket in your Telerik Account. There you can find my sample project and a gif file illustrating the behavior on my end.  

We kindly ask you to use just one thread for a specific problem to contact us in the relevant forum. Posting the same questions numerous times slows down our response time because we will need to review and address two or more tickets instead of one. Moreover, threads are handled according to license and time of posting, so if it is an urgent problem, we suggest you use a support ticket, which would be handled before a forum thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Nov 2017, 02:33 PM
Yes, I made a mistake and posted in the wrong forum initially. We can delete that one in the WPF. I want this question here in the WinForms
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2017, 11:14 AM
Hello, John, 

I had already explained in my previous reply that your initial WinForms forum thread was converted to a support ticket in order to allow attachments. There I had provided a sample project and a gif file illustrating the behavior on my end. You can find the ticket in your Telerik Account. I would kindly ask you to continue the communication there since you can provide attachments as well. Feel free to modify my sample project in a way to replicate the undesired behavior and get back to me with it. Thus, we can assist you further. Thank you in advance for the cooperation and your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply in the support ticket.

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2017, 02:15 PM
Your support ticket is just explaining how you cannot replicate this, but your example doesn't even show the 'New Row' button so of course you will not see this behavior.
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2017, 09:04 AM
Hi John,

For now, we can continue to discuss this in the other support thread. This thread can stay open in case anyone else would like to post about this.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
John
Top achievements
Rank 1