This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Changed Drag&Drop-Behaviour in 2011 Q2 Beta

3 Answers 47 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hans Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hans Peter asked on 30 Jun 2011, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I updated to the beta because I want to try out the new PropertyGrid. I noticed, that the Drag&Drop behaviour changed from the Q1 SP1 release. Now when I drag an item from another control onto the target TLV I'll get a red stop sign. The DropQuery-Event is not fired so I guess that the DragAndDropManager thinks, that the item is not over the control. This worked perfectly with the previous release.

Is this a bug or a feature? And will this be changed to the old behaviour with the final release of Q2?

Greets
Hans

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2011, 04:41 PM
Hello Hans Peter,

Thank you for your feedback. The behavior you are describing is indeed not expected. The reason for this issue is the fact  that since our beta release we are introducing new DragDrop mechanism that will provide more fluent and intuitive API as well as improved support for many specific cases. While it also work with the existing API there might be still some issue we are trying to resolve.

We would greatly appreciate if you can share some additional information about the scenario in which this occurs (ideally if possible sending us sample project by opening support ticket).

P.S. You can still switch to the legacy DnD logic by setting RadDragAndDropManager execution mode to Legacy in application constructor.

All the best,
Tsvyatko
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Hans Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2011, 10:22 AM
I made a bug ticket with attached example. HTH
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2011, 10:07 AM
Hello Hans Peter,

Thank you for sending us sample. We will let respond in the corresponding support thread.

Best wishes,
Tsvyatko
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Hans Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
Hans Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1