Change RadGridView column's RadDatePicker display format

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Dexter
    Dexter avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2012

    Posted 23 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hello, I would like to change the display format of RadGridView column's RadDatePicker.
    The best I could achieve is as shown in Scenario 1, but upon selecting other cells, it kept showing the default display as shown in Scenario 2. The default display value is also what I will be getting when I tried to retrieve it from back-end. Is there a solution to display as what it is shown in Scenario 1 upon clicking other cells, and also retrieve it? Thanks for your attention. Attached is the picture of the 2 scenarios, and below are my codes:

    <telerik:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding Path=SvcDate}" UniqueName="SvcDate"
                                                TextWrapping="Wrap" Width="100" TextAlignment="Center" DataFormatString="{}{0:yyyy/MM/dd}">
                        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn.Header>
                            <TextBlock Text="Service Date" TextAlignment="Center"/>
                        </telerik:GridViewDataColumn.Header>
                        <telerik:GridViewDataColumn.CellEditTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>
                                <telerik:RadDatePicker SelectedValue="{Binding Path=SvcDate}"                                                  
                                                       DateTimeWatermarkContent="Service"
                                                       ErrorTooltipContent="Unrecognised format. Use drop-down interface for input assistance."
                                                       Culture="ja-JP">
                                </telerik:RadDatePicker>
                            </DataTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridViewDataColumn.CellEditTemplate>
                    </telerik:GridViewDataColumn>

  2. Dexter
    Dexter avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2012

    Posted 27 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Up~ Really need an answer/workaround for this.
  3. Answer
    Yoan
    Admin
    Yoan avatar
    1215 posts

    Posted 28 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Dexter,

    I've tried to reproduce the problem you report, but to no avail. I have prepared a sample project based on the code snippet you provided. You can find it attached. Please give it a try and let me know how it works on our side.

    Regards,
    Yoan
    Telerik
     
    Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.
     
  4. Dexter
    Dexter avatar
    34 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2012

    Posted 28 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Thanks. That confirmed that my problem doesn't lie at the front-end.

    I'm still not sure what exactly is going on for my Scenario 2, but it has something to with the accessor in my object class constructor. I've fixed it with some tweaking, without knowing why it fixes it =X
Back to Top