This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cant Get Visual Studio 2019 Tools installed

1 Answer 592 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alex asked on 14 Oct 2020, 09:35 PM

I downloaded the current for your App and was trying to install. My system has Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 installed but when i check for the Visual Studio integration i do not get the option for 2019 as it is grey out. What causes this ? Is there a fix for it or how can i manually install the 2019 extensions ?

I enclosed 2 screenshots which show the Visual Studio Version as well as the Install option for your Telerik UI for WinForms

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Oct 2020, 01:46 PM

Hello Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have already answered you in your other support thread. So please feel free to close this one and continue the communication there.

I'm also adding the common cause of this behavior here, so others can see it as well.

A common reason for the described behavior on your side is due to some missing requirements of the Telerik Visual Studio extensions. The question mark on the right side of the Visual Studio 2019 Support options could help you to determine what is the reason for blocking this feature.

The .NET desktop development workload and Text Template Transformation component are the only requirements for installing the UI for WinForms in your Visual Studio 2019. The steps below will help you to achieve this:

1. Launch your Visual Studio 2019
  2. Select Get Tools and Features.. option under the Tools menu
  3. Choose Workloads tab and select the .NET desktop development workload
  4. Then choose the Individual Components tab search for Text Template Transformation component and select it as well
  5. Complete the installation and restart the Progress Control Panel

Please try to perform the steps above and let us know in case the product is still blocked for installing? 

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
Share this question
or