Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Pedersen
    Pedersen avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2013

    Posted 31 Mar Link to this post

    I have tried to migrate one project in a big solution to the new csproj SDK style

    But I get this error
    Error    MC1000    Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2013.2.702.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.'     Reports    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.WinFx.targets

    To avoid having nuget packages inside our git repository we have all the telerik packages on our own private nuget server

    <PackageReference Include="Seges.Dms.Telerik" Version="1.0.2" />

    <PackageReference Include="Seges.Dms.Telerik.Reporting" Version="1.1.0" />

    And it seems that in the old style all the telerik packages inside our Seges.Dms.Telerik package are added individually, but when I look now in "Manage nuget packages" they both have the same.

    One "funny" note is that on my machine in the Repository where I changed the code it builds, but if I do a new clone and build again I get the error and so do TeamCity and a fellew programmer

    Also when looking at it sounds like people have installed OpenAccess SDK, but this have never been installed on our Teamcity server or my machine, so didnt find any help in this


    Old csproj

    New csproj

  2. Martin Ivanov
    Martin Ivanov avatar
    2444 posts

    Posted 03 Apr Link to this post

    Hello Pedersen,

    Please excuse us for the delay. We, in the WPF domai,n are not aware of the error. There are not OpenAccess dependencies in Telerik UI for WPF. However, I've searched for similar cases in the Reporting tool and here is a reply  on the topic that you may find useful. Please try this and let me know how it goes? If this doesn't help you can open a new support ticket for the Reporting product or I can forward this one to the corresponding team so they can see if know more about the issue.

    "The issue is related to a reference to Telerik.Reporting.Cache.Database.dll or a copy of  Telerik.Reporting.Cache.Database.dll in the Bin folder. This assembly is related to the database cache of old viewers (including the obsolete ASP.NET WebForms ReportViewer, not the Reporting REST service and HTML5 Viewer). Thus the solution is to remove Telerik.Reporting.Cache.Database.dll from the project. Or if you use the old viewer and database cache - Configuring the Database Cache Provider, where you may need binding redirects depending on the used Telerik Data Access version."

    Martin Ivanov
    Progress Telerik

    Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Back to Top