This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot find type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' in VS2008

3 Answers 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dwayne Starkey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dwayne Starkey asked on 17 Nov 2010, 03:10 PM
I just upgraded to Reporting v.4.1.10.291 and now I cannot reference the Telerik.Reporting.Report namespace. Any idea as to why?

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2010, 03:38 PM
Hello Dwayne,

First check if you have reference to Telerik.Reporting.dll added in your project. Second, you're not allowed to add using to a type directly. The only way you can do this is through alias e.g.

using Report = Telerik.Reporting.Report;

but you should not have to add this in a first place.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team
See What's New in Telerik Reporting in Q3 2010 on Wednesday, November 17, 11am Eastern Time: Register here>>
Dwayne Starkey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2010, 03:57 PM
This is my first time upgrading telerik reports so maybe I missed something.

I used the upgrade wizard within VS 2008 for upgrading. It successfully went through it's process. I did try and re-add the reference to the telerik.reporting.dll for the current version.

my code example is below:

Dim

rpt As Telerik.Reporting.Report (Message - "The Report is ambigious in the namespace" telerik.Report")
rpt =
New ClassReports.SomeReport

ReportViewer1.Report = rpt

After typing telerik.Reporting I have get no report selection. I do get others selections such as PDF,Service, processing, Interfaces, etc..

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 04:39 PM
Hello Dwayne,

Please delete all relevant reporting assemblies from its bin folder manually and copy the new ones from the installation folder manually as well. The Upgrade Wizard cannot upgrade separate assemblies - it only takes care of updating all references. Additionally according to the error in this ticket, it would seem that the report assembly still holds reference to the old Telerik Reporting version. If this is the case, most likely the reference to the report assembly is not Auto Updated. To make sure of this, delete the reference to the stale dll and add reference to the report class library itself.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team
See What's New in Telerik Reporting in Q3 2010 on Wednesday, November 17, 11am Eastern Time: Register here>>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dwayne Starkey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Dwayne Starkey
Top achievements
Rank 1